Sunday, February 24, 2008

Don't Know Much About the Bible

I finished Don't Know Much About Geography and have started reading Don't Know Much About the Bible.  It's another awesome book by Kenneth C. Davis with interesting trivia such as:

~ Jericho's walls may have tumbled down because the city lies on a fault line.

~ Moses never parted the Red Sea.  (A mistranslation of "Sea of Reeds".)

~ There was a Jesus, but he wasn't born on Christmas and he probably wasn't an only child.

It also explains other rousing questions (as displayed on the back cover):

~ Why did God try to kill Moses?

~ How did a prostitute help destroy Jericho?

~ What's the difference between a disciple and an apostle?

I've been really enjoying it so far, as I have for all his other books!

(I realize I'm behind from yesterday) 2-23:

Alan: Shirley? (sighs) What about senior partners?  There would be nothing wrong with me... lusting, say, after you?  Would there?

Shirley: Go subscribe to National Geographic.  Make a list of the places you'll never get to visit.  Add to that list, Schmidt.

2-24:

Denny: You would agree, Mr. Mayor, that by and large, vegetarians are Communists?

Mayor George Bostwick: I certainly would not.

Denny: We're at war Mr. Bostwick.  Think we can win that war if we suddenly say to our soldiers, "No more meat"?  Think a nation of fish-easters can protect the world, you wimp?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey can I borrow that book? The Don't know much about the Bible? I promise I won't kill it. And if any damage happens to it, then i will be forced to buy you a new one, like I did for Melissa's. I bought it because "I" touched her Eragon book and it ripped in half! I bought her a new one and she wouldn't take it, even though she was the one that told me to buy her a new one...|*_*|

Anonymous said...

Sure as soon as I finish with it.  I have no doubt that you'll be nice to it, unlike some certain book killers... hem, hem... GROBLETTE YOU BOOK-KILLER... cough, cough.  Not to name names.  =P