Saturday, July 19, 2008

Smoothies!!!

Ah... yesterday was nice.  I think it was the first day all summer that I had to myself.  I woke up, and decided to go with my brother to return some videos to the video store.  While we were out, I picked up fresh fruit for smoothies!  I made my first smoothies of the summer this week, which is really late for me.  Then we went to Cebolla's, so that was really good, too.  I love their chimichangas.

So far, I've made blueberry, peach, and banana.  The peaches weren't so good; they weren't quite ripe enough yet.  I have some kiwis and strawberries, but I'm deciding whether I want to use them in a smoothie or put them in a salad that I plan on making for dinner tonight.

I also finished all seven of the Harry Potter books.  Yay for me!  It was fantastic to read them all - very refreshing.  I've started a new book that my mom got for me while I'm in Florida, The Last Patriot.  It's a little bit confusing at the start, because it changes perspectives about every chapter, which are usually about three-seven pages long.  There was an assassination in the first chapter and a terrorist bombing in the fourth.  The author, Brad Thor, writes similarly to Dan Brown; they began their books almost the exact same way.  Not that I'm trying to judge Thor's book early, but I have a feeling he's trying to get some attention by piggy-backing off Brown's unique style.  He may be trying to prey off of America's recent "Oh my God - it's a conspiracy!" obsession.  All the same, it's not bad so far, so I'll keep reading.

I just read that this is the seventh book in a series on Thor's web site (where I got the picture).  Ha, ha... oh, well.  It reads as if it's a single or a first, so we should be good.

No comments: