Sunday, September 21, 2008

Really Busy

I have been so busy the last few weeks.  It's been difficult doing Spell Bowl, Debate, Science Olympiad, and Boy Scouts along with homework and work.  At the same time I'm trying to find time to hang out with friends, and on top of it all I'm in a relationship.  Don't get me wrong, it's hard, but I am enjoying every second of it.  Tomorrow I'll be reaping the rewards of my Spell Bowl study at our first meet.  Saturday is our first Debate meet as well, so I'm looking forward to that, too!

I've also decided against doing the World History trip (yeah, surprise!).  I went to an informational meeting last week, and that really turned me off about it.  I didn't get too excited about the other people who were interested, and I also learned that we wouldn't be doing any of the optional excursions, which make the whole trip!  I was pretty disappointed, but when I went home and told my parents, they started looking for Globus trip through Southern Europe, like the one we went on before only in the South.  I definitely wanted more flexibility in my itinerary, and the school wasn't offering that.  There wasn't anything that they had that wasn't available through Globus.  Not to mention this way we aren't paying for the teachers to go.  I was talking to my dad (a former a teacher), and apparently they take a portion from each student's fees to pay for the teachers to go.  I had no idea, and it really ticked me off.  At the info meeting, Mr. Raber didn't mention that at all.

The homecoming game was a little disappointing.  Although we lost for the third year in a row, I still had a good time with my friends.

Alison Carroll?  Perfect.  =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG YOU ACTUALLY POSTED.
haha yay.
and wow i amm surprised you dont wanna go on the WH trip, but i get it.
and that vid.. i watched like three seconds & was done haha.
guy video fersure.

Anonymous said...

oh & homecoming freaking rockkkkkkeeedd!