Saturday, October 20, 2007

Friday & Saturday

RAWRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=(

I'm sick again.

But before that, there was yesterday.

We had a dance after school yesterday.  It rocked!  I got tons of pictures on my camera that I snuck in, because we aren't really supposed to have cameras at school anymore, and wasn't caught!  Mr. Seely walked right past me when I took a picture that had flash, and he still didn't see it!  I thought it was going to be lucky day!

Then after the dance I went to a bonfire party.  We played this awesome game of capture the flag!  Except that I lost my camera that had been in my sweater pouch somewhere in the forest.  It was so dark, we couldn't find it.

It was a cheap (-er as digital cameras go...) camera, since I'm pretty active, but I was more upset about losing all my pictures........ As you can imagine, that really made my evening.

This morning I went and saw the History Train in town for ten measly extra credit points for Green's class (actually it's definitely worth it, because he doesn't normally give any out at all!).  It was boring.... very.... I can't stand Civil War history, believe it or not.

But one of my friends, Soupcan, put it very well that the "weapons were sophisticated than the battle strategies".  That for me changes war from an art (in the eyes of some) to a race to get the bigger, killier (I made that word up!  =]) guns!  I think that's just stupid.

I despise any history beyond the American Revolution.  I love it all before that (well Far East isn't exactly my favorite), but I loathe it more than most of you probably loathe history in general (not that all of you do!).  Ya... that bad.  =(

What's even worse, it was INDIANA'S role in the Civil War (Gag me now!!!!).  They probably had like five artifacts in the whole place.  I swear, it was like walking through a textbook!!!

Well my afternoon got a lot better with the Mensa test.  It was actually kind of fun of you enjoy the whole logic puzzle thing!  You don't have a lot of time to do each individual test, though, so that makes it more challenging/fun!

So that was all good... until I decided to stop at the library's café (it was a nice library where we were testing!).  I got a Café Latte Raspberry.  Yummmm... right?  The milk in the Latte was sour.... which I realized after I finished it......

Then I got settled for an hour and a half drive back, with beautiful scenery that I would've greatly appreciated and enjoyed had I not been bent over double with car sickness.  So that's been my evening.  I'm doing a lot better now, but I had to skip work at the Haunted Castle/Black Forest, because I definitely wasn't feeling well when it was time to leave.  So I'm at home, missing my friends, and writing here with the aftereffects of some bad... bad... coffee.

The day wasn't a complete screw-up, because I did get bonus in one of the hardest classes to get it and did well on a Mensa test.  I think I'm pretty happy with the day, all-in-all, but I'd rather be scaring some unknowing girls right now.  I need to see "Elizabeth" this weekend too......

This is where I would have all the pictures from the Fall Dance on my camera had I not carelessly misplaced it somewhere in the forest at the house of a person I don't even know.....

.........sigh........I think their name was Swedzinski........must be Polish........sigh..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww that really stinkks =[
hmm as far as the party.. was it chloe?
her last name is something like thatt.
haha btw way to sneak the camera in you little rebel ;)
oh and hating history? yeah i can relate haha.
our extra credit thing was a civil war re-enactment.. is that the same thing you had to go to? i went with my friend and it was raining and was absolutelyy awful haha.

Anonymous said...

ohh and about that dance..
i'm gonna need details =]
about you and a certain someone
whose name rhymes with bologna.
haha

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha... I didn't see who "bologna" danced with.  ¿Me?, I danced with someone whose name rhymes with Meana, and someone else whose name rhymes with Fatie.

No, the History Train was different.  It's just a passing thing through Fort Wayne.  It's going all over Indiana or something like that...

I went to look for the camera this morning, but we couldn't find it.  They took a search party out yesterday morning, but I haven't heard the results from that one yet.  Oh, and the name was Swedzinski.  =)