Monday, May 19, 2008

Pictures!! (A VERY Long, But Awesome, Entry)

I think I'm detecting a pattern as to how frequently I post.  Well, anyway I've got a bunch of stuff to talk about.

Let's see... firstly was Turtle's b-day part-ay on Friday, which was spectacular!  Ha, ha... "Mr. Brickley Hears a Mysterious Ticking Noise" and "Shrooms!"  And RCSackAttack is AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!  Here is his winning shot –

Just look at the neck...... not quite giraffe-like, but he's working it.  =P

BUT now you have the chance to challenge Tyra, Nigel, and Ms. Jay!  Look at the following pics and choose who you think should have been AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!

Norbert's Mother –

 

Turtles -

 

Groblette -

 

SmllSwimChic -

 

Mina -

 

Sissy Girl -

 

Ha, ha... well now that you've been thoroughly entertained, I can talk about this last weekend.  I went backpacking at Chain O' Lakes with my Philmont crew.  The weather was perfect, especially compared to the previous Philmont practice.  Yay!  Good parts end there, ha, ha... =)

The pace was atrocious.  I was dying... I swear.  It took us... get this... six hours to go ten miles!  The average, unencumbered, human, walking speed is about 3 MPH, but we only averaged about 1.7 MPH!  We had heavy backpacks, but still... these guys are supposed to be some of the most accomplished hikers of our council (it's like a district).

It really makes me appreciate how strong my home troop is.  At each of the two high adventure outings I've been, we had a steady 3.25-3.5 MPH pace, and that was at the actual site!  In easy-terrain Indiana, we can go much faster than that!  I wasn't impressed... at all.

No one in the crew will talk to me either.  Look at this conversation (this is an exact quote... I kid you not!):

Me: So... what school do you go to?

Crew Member: Huntington North.

Me: Cool... so what grade are you in?

Crew Member: Sophomore.

End of conversation.

That's not even the worst!  He's one of the more average people when it comes to sociability.  One guy won't even acknowledge my existence!  When I was leaving, I said, "Thanks," and "Good bye," to him, and then he didn't even look up at me from the book he was reading!  It's pretty irritating.  Gar!  Wacco!  Wizard!  Smashing!  Lesbian!

Oh, and here are the photos from the "nerd party" at Ball State last week.  I hadn't been able to get them on here before now:

 

Wow.  That picture makes Groblette look really short.  Ha, ha!  =P

Oh!  I almost forgot!  Congrats to Panda Guy, Shoetopia Citizen, Turtles, Groblette, and me (of course!) on the awesome interpretation of The Red Badge of Courage in English.  That was the most amazing skit ever!

BL Quote

5-16

Denny: So whose ass did you have kicked?

Alan: Someone whose ass thoroughly deserved it.

Denny: Good!  I can never understand why people don't use violence more often to solve their problems - works every time!

5-17

Brad: Okay.  We're required to turn this over to Ms. Beller and, per the rules of discovery, we'll provide it with the other one hundred thousand pages of documents that pertain to their production request.

Chris Mott: So you're going to bury it.

Brad: No, that would be unethical.  We'll simply comply... fully.

5-18

Brad: [to Denise after establishing that she spoke fluent Italian] So let me ask you this: in Italian does the word 'vagina' mean something else?

5-19

Melissa: Don't fall for her, Alan.  She's just a guest star.

Footnotes from Shoetopia

Whew... I'm pretty sure that's the (with a long "e" sound) longest post ever.  Nifty...  =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha omg the footnotes!
the fred quote!
holding hands gets you pregnant!
WHAT DOES THAT REMIND YOU OF!
hahaah oh boy.
yeah i was really excited for this post but it turns out idk like half the people.
haha i was expecting another debate post er something ;]
but it's alright. bc the footnotes made my day :D

Anonymous said...

Ah, sorry to disappoint.  No debatesy.  Is there a debate going on right now that I don't know about and should be bringing to the blog?

I didn't notice that about the pregnant comment until you pointed it out!  That's hilarious!  Wow.  I wonder if he's seen those... =)

Anonymous said...

hm no current debates that i can think of.
i dont know if he's seen them but i youtubed it last night & watched it & about dieddd laughing.
hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha!  "I named him Sparky.  I like that name."