Saturday, January 19, 2008

EBay

I saw "Oklahoma" last evening at school!  I thought it was a lot better then than during school, but they were both great.  You could tell that everyone put a lot of effort into the production.  Congratulations to everyone it!

I've been looking at some antiques on EBay.   What I saw (but of course, didn't bid on) was a sandstone carving of Ramses the Great (my favorite pharaoh!) in the form of a sphinx dating back to 1300 BC.  Unfortunately, it had a "buy-it-now" price of 40 grand.  Also what caught my attention was a full set of canopic jars in uncommonly good condition.  I had no idea that finding something like that would be so simple.

You'd think that artifact dealers (stereotyped at traditionalists) would be one of the last groups to monopolize the Internet for sales, but I was really wrong there I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those jars similar to the ones in THE MUMMY?

Anonymous said...

Same concept, but the ones in the movie are props, not real ones, unless they restored them.  The color wouldn't be that complete like the ones in the movie.  They'd look like the ones here.