Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Video Gamers

One of my biggest pet peaves is against video game addicts.  They bug me so much!  They have absolutely no lives outside of them, and it just makes me want to slap them across the face and go, "WAKE UP!"

What you are about to read is a true story from my cousin's work as a cashier in an E.B. Games store:

The day had been going normally, and I was waiting for a teen guy, no younger than an 8th Grader, to make his selection when he finally chose and approached the register with a wad of bills in hand.  "How much is this", he asked.  I took the game into my hand and quickly located the price tag and barcode on the back which clearly read $36.00.  I flipped it back over to the front and saw a sticker at the top-left corner which indicated 50% off.  So I asked him, "Well, it's $36 and it's 50% off, so how much would that be?".  His eyes glazed over and I could tell something wasn't clicking, so I tried again, "It's $36 and 1/2 off."  He continued to stare.  I feebly attempted, "OK... what's 36 divided by 2?"  He started a stuttering response, "Uhhh... sixteen... wait... uhh... no... uhh.... uhhh...."  "Come on!  I know you can do this" I sorrily encouraged.  At that precise moment my manager chose to appear and tell me off for not giving him a straight answer, which the manager himself had to stumble with!  "Nineteen... no!  Eighteen... it's $18!"

Wow.  That's pretty extreme, but seriously... I have issues with video gamers.

Oh, and again - if you vote "other", you have to say which!  =)


Tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha wow that is a patheticc story
while im not into video games or anything, i dont have anything against video gamers
its basically just what they like.. you like history and always read about it haha but no ones like omg i want to slap him. he ALWAYS reads about history! seriously, i think you're crazier for history reading haha but idc. no offense either :]
and i voted other bcuz i consider my cell phone my super entertainer just texting & whatnot.. but also the computer muy mucho too. internet/AIM, yknow.

Anonymous said...

I see your point, but there's a really big difference between video games and history.  Yes, I know, some (extra emphasis there) video games are educational, but most of them just fry your brains.  History's a lot more productive.

I kind of see your point, but I also see a big difference.  I'd bet a video gamer would tell it's a lot more productive to be playing video games than reading history books.

Anonymous said...

yes welll i guess it's all a matter of your tastes.
while yes, reading history books gives you more knowledge, if you don't want to be a historian or history teacher, it won't really help you in life.
while video games won't teach you too much, they can teach you the value of teamwork and hardwork, depending on the games you play. and, they can help you in professions like video game testers and the like
so basically, it's just what you like.
sorry, but i'm gonna have to go with the gamers here haha

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha... OK.  That's your choice to side with the a leading reason that our generation won't live as long as our parents.  That's your choice to side with a leading reason that 1/5 people in our generation will develop Diabetes by the age of 18.  That's your choice to side with a leading reason that our generation is so extremely overweight.  It's your choice.  =)