Sunday, March 30, 2008

¡Spring Break!

¡Happy Spring Break!

Hey!  Sorry it's been so long since I've written anything; I've been up to a bunch of other stuff recently.

We have satellite now, and a wireless router connecting the three computers (mom's, brother's, and mine).  Now we can do a bunch of cool stuff between them, like play Multi-Player Call of Duty.  This is kind of weird, but for some reason the polls are working again, too.  ¡Que chevere!

Unfortunately, one of our family's computer people, Pete, diagnosed my computer in specific with, in Lehman's Terms, terminal cancer.  It is set to die this August.  Partitioned hard drives are really beginning to take their toll, and I haven't exactly done a spectacular job of working with them.  So right now, it's being euthenized at his house, but we're going to reincarnate it into a much better version of itself (and the rest of my family's)!  In a week it should be home, but for now I've made base at my mom's computer.  I saved all my crucial stuff, like ASB and school work, photoes, and Tomb Raider saved files.  When it gets back, I'll just move the stuff back over.  =)

Since all the ice is melted over the wetlands, I did a lot of canoeing yesterday and the day before.  Today was kind of wet and dark outside - definitely not the best weather.  Mostly I was out getting a new computer monitor to replace my thirty-year-old one; it was my mom's first monitor, so it's kind of emotional.  (In reality I was too cheap to buy a new one, so now that my b-day's coming around-ish, I'm getting this as an "early birthday present".)

BAS people should be proud of me; I've been preparing for the morning review sessions that are scheduled in April.  I've been using some old books (Don't Know Much About History and Guide to Essential Knowledge) and a new book I bought, American Reader, along with Encarta to get more information.  That's been working out really well.

Also, please take note of the poll.  Now that I can make them again I'm wondering whether or not I should start doing "Favorite Post" polls again.  I really have no preference, so your opinions won't bother me at all about it.

(A Lot of) BL Quotes

3-26

Denny: Well, shall we pick up where we left off, my little friend?

Bethany: Forget it.

Denny: Why?

Bethany: Because one of the rules I try to follow in my social life is, "Don't date guys who slept with my mother."

3-27

Jerry: My client proceded to go hiking wither her and returned; there wa sher friend... hanging around the house.  And when I say "hanging", Alan, I mean like a pinata.

3-28

Denny: Gotta remember: Before I open my mouth, always look both ways for midgets.

Alan: That's a good policy.

3-29

Lincoln: From the first moment I saw you, do you know what I wanted to do?

Shirley: Pave my driveway?

Lincoln: I wanted to suck on your right earlobe.  I'm sure people tell you you have soft, supple lobes.

Shirley: It gets old.

Lincoln: Is mocking me really an exercise of your most sound judgement, Shirley?  After all I do have in my possession a loaded firearm.

Shirley: Let alone a ukulele.

3-30

Shirley: Lincoln - Suck... my... lobe.

SAB

Don't forget to keep reading The Red Badge of Courage and its footnotes, both of which are due to be finished the Tuesday we get back!  Also don't forget about our first morning review session, which will be the day we get back.  I have stuff prepared over Hawthorne (did you know he added the "w" to his name?) and his two stories (which are? Silently test yourself), "The Birthmark" and "Young Goodman Brown".

No comments: